The bones of the recipe is from Oh She Glows. I did change up the dressing to use real mayo. The results were absolutely delicious. This recipe got the stamp of approval from two of my grandkids who are 3 and 7. I knew I had a winner when they asked for seconds. Be sure and make extra. This is great stuffed in pita with dressing drizzled on top.
Roasted Buddha Bowl
roasting and serving:
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or one 15-oz can)
- 1 tbsp Oil, divided
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooked grains, for serving (we like quinoa)
- 1 cup of real mayo
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon of water to thin out ( add more if needed)
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place chopped broccoli and cauliflower onto one baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil and mix with hands until coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Place a couple paper towels on the other baking sheet and spread out the drained and rinsed chickpeas. Place 2 more paper towels on top and roll the chickpeas around until completely dry. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil and roll around the chickpeas with your hands until they are all coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Roast the broccoli, cauliflower and chickpeas for 15 minutes at 400F. After 15 minutes, give the chickpea pan a gentle shake to roll them around in the pan. Roast both pans for another 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli and cauliflower are cooked through and the chickpeas are golden in color.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisking until blended
7. When the vegetables and chickpeas are ready, remove from oven and place into a large mixing bowl. Add your desired amount of dressing on top and toss until coated. Season to taste. Serve over a warm bed of quinoa or other grain with more dressing drizzled on top.
images from Oh She Glows