This dish is a perfect side for any occasion. I love it chilled for a simple and delicious lunch.
SAUTEED GREENBEANS with BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomato, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- Cracked black pepper
- In a jar or cruet, combine the vinegar, oil, salt, shallot and brown sugar, and shake well to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat the teaspoon of oil over high heat. When hot, add the beans and tomatoes and stir constantly until the beans are tender, slightly shriveled and browned, and tomatoes are soft. Add 4 tablespoons of dressing to the pan and toss over the heat for just a couple of minutes to thicken and coat.
- Toss with parsley. Serve warm or chill and serve as a salad.
- Refrigerate the remaining 1/4 cup dressing for later use on veggies or other salads of your choice